Website State Of Texas
Under the supervision of the Regional Director, or designee, the Program Automation Coordinator (PAC) performs highly complex (senior-level) computer systems support work. The PAC may supervise the work of others, and works under limited supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Sets up equipment for employee use and performs or ensures proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex computer-related problems.
- Prepares briefings, reports, and evaluations on systems efficiency and utilization.
- Provides assistance in the design, development, and maintenance of various system applications.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy.
- Advises users and analyzes user requirements concerning software and the efficient use of information technology systems.
- Establishes and ensures that appropriate security controls over software are maintained.
- Maintains records of daily data communication transactions, problems, remedial actions taken, and installation activities.
- Coordinates the update of personal computer and mainframe application programs.
- Develops procedures and training manuals and conducts presentations and briefings.
- Provides customer service and answers user inquiries regarding computer software, hardware operation, and the use and interface of systems and software applications.
- Reviews and makes suggestions regarding the procurement of information technology equipment.
- Knowledge of the practices, principles, and techniques of computer operation, information systems, computer software and hardware, information security policies and procedures, local and wide area networks, and the management of information systems.
- Skill in the use and support of personal computers, in the use of applicable programs and systems, and in troubleshooting information systems.
- Ability to operate information technology systems, to troubleshoot and repair equipment, to communicate effectively, to supervise the work of others, to learn or implement quality assurance activities, to provide guidance, policy clarifications, and information to others, to prepare detailed written reports, and the ability to evaluate, assess, collect, and analyze data, and solve work problems, interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and exercise sound professional judgment.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A