Website State Of Texas
Determines needs and eligibility for Community Care for the Aged and Disabled (CCAD) services. Work involves conducting home visits, interviewing individuals who are older or have a disability, documenting information, determining need for services and developing service plans; verifying data.
- Develops/coordinates/reviews service plans with individuals receiving services and their families, provider agencies and other state agency staff and authorizes services appropriately and accurately to meet the individual’s needs.
- Conducts reviews to determine eligibility and functional needs.
- Obtains, verifies, and calculates income and resources to determine financial eligibility for Title XX programs.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Interviews applicants, individuals receiving services, and resource persons and conducts home/site visits to assess the need for services and provides information and referral to other resources.
- Maintains case record documents and enters information in an automated system, establishing a record for each individual receiving service. 2
- Monitors through contacting individuals receiving services to determine if services are meeting the individual’s needs.
- Current valid Drivers’ License and liability insurance is required.
- Knowledge of interviewing techniques to obtain personal information, to make inquiries, and to resolve conflicting statements.
- Knowledge of resources that serve individuals who are older or have a disability.
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to set priorities, establish timeframes, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with individuals receiving services, co-workers, contract agency staff, and staff from other federal or state agencies.
- Ability to operate computer and general office equipment.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lake Jackson, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A