Website State Of Texas
Under the supervision of the Logistics Unit Investigations Team Program Manager, this position protects the health and safety of residents in the state by investigating complaint and incident intakes for home health and hospice agencies to ensure they are following state licensure and federal certification regulations regarding health care service delivery and consumer safety.
- Conducts off-site complaint and incident investigations for home health and hospice agencies; discusses investigation procedures and practices with administrators, department directors and facility staff.
- Completes detailed reports for investigation findings.
- Cites statements of deficient practice for identified noncompliance relative to related to health care and consumer safety and defends these deficiencies in administrative official hearings.
- Ability to collect and analyze data.
- Required: successful completion of the state licensure and federal certification training for home health agencies.
- Ability to exercise professional judgment and reach sound decisions.
- Ability to work independently.
- Experience in determining compliance with the state licensure and federal certification requirements for home health or hospice agencies.
- Ability to handle situations of high stress and conflict.
- Ability to interpret policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Preferred: successful completion of the state licensure and federal certification training for hospice agencies.
- Experience in using ASPEN and IQIES to complete survey and/or investigation work.
- Ability to multitask and track multiple activities with competing priorities.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with team members and others.
- Ability to use ASPEN, TULIP and IQIES.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Corpus Christi, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A