Website State Of Texas
The PNA II / Admissions Technician II provides direct patient care services under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and/or House Supervisor to provide quality psychiatric nursing care during the admitting process to an inpatient setting.
- Initiates patient care and assists patients with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) including hygiene, dressing and eating based on the developmental and age specific population needs without prompting.
- Treats patients with dignity and respect during the difficult admissions process and assists patients in understanding where they are and what to expect while at the hospital during admissions process to the extent possible.
- Exhibits proficiency in crisis intervention, verbal de-escalation, and TIPS principles. Completes and maintains training and demonstrates competencies.
- Observes, reports, and documents patients’ behavior(s), physical condition, and significant changes or events in a timely manner in accordance with hospital policies and procedures. Immediately communicates any concerns about patient’s mental or physical status or contraband concerns with Admissions Nurse, House Supervisor, Physician and/or other team members.
- Completes data entry in an accurate and timely manner. This includes completion of an initial intake form, Avatar entry, and inventory checklists. This may also include researching patient data in CARE (Client Assignment and Registration System) and reimbursement information in CARE and Avatar as backup/when needed.
- At least 6 months of work experience. Graduation from a standard senior high school or equivalent is generally preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.
- Willing to work days other than Monday through Friday.
- Ability to use different computer applications.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Knowledge of patient care techniques and treatment programs.
- Ability to provide therapeutic patient care, administer first aid, maintain records, and communicate effectively.
- At least 6 months psychiatric direct care experience.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A