Website State Of Texas
The Receptionist responds to all calls coming into the switchboard console and assists visitors to the hospital. He/she is usually the first employee to meet and/or greet consumers or visitors of the hospital. The Receptionist will monitor the fire panels and announce emergency codes over the P.A. system.
- Monitors Fire Alarm panels and makes announcements, as necessary to ensure the safety of patients, employees, and visitors.
- Utilizes the paging system and TDD machines in order to maintain communication with staff and/or patients.
- Attends and participates in all mandatory training in order to meet DSHS/KSH requirements, maintain job competencies and develop professionally.
- Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Assists visitors, patients, and family members as well as directing to appropriate locations to ensure confidentiality and safety of patients is maintained.
- Assists with the distribution of payroll checks to paymasters and employees.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned
- Responds to calls coming into the switchboard console in order to assist the hospital callers in a professional and timely manner.
- Ability to transfer incoming calls to appropriate personnel; handle multiple phone lines.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- General experience with routine receptionist and switchboard operations.
- Knowledge of community resources for referral purposes and agency operations.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Must be able to maintain composure during emergency situations.
- Ability to be punctual.
- Ability to work extra hours and/or shifts other than scheduled.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kerrville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A