Website State Of Texas
Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Directly implements treatment plans through “hands on” methods, monitors treatment goals and objectives through direct contact observation.
- Assists in the development and evaluation of treatment plans for assigned therapeutic specialty (e.g., music therapy, therapeutic recreation, dance/movement therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, or vocational rehabilitation).
- Assists the assigned therapist or vocational/day programming supervisor in conducting functional skills assessments (e.g., preparing materials for assessments, reviewing prior assessments, conducting direct contact observations).
- Schedules, assists with and/or provides staff training to Direct Support Professionals (DSP’s) to ensure continuity and follow through of treatment plan objectives during hours when Therapists or RTTs are not available and depending on SSLC needs.
- Monitors the implementation of the program objectives by the DSP’s, gathers data and report this to the interdisciplinary team as well as the therapist or supervisor overseeing their respective discipline.
- Ensures the satisfactory completion of paperwork in program related areas in order to meet applicable standards and procedures.
- Ensures the collection of data related to treatment plans in order to accurately assess the individual’s progress.
- Participates in the interdisciplinary team process including providing information regarding the results of functional skills assessments and response to interventions as well as the results of monitoring and staff training efforts as mentioned above.
- Ability to develop and maintain data collection systems for assigned therapeutic specialty (e.g., music therapy, therapeutic recreation, dance/movement therapy, occupational therapy, physical therapy, psychology, or vocational rehabilitation).
- Ability to utilize personal computers and relevant software.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with others.
- Must possess valid Texas driver’s license or obtain it no later than 90 days after hire date. Applicants with an out-of-state driver’s license must provide an original certified driving record from the state of driving licensure. Eligible driving record required based on HHSC Fleet Management policy.
- General knowledge, or ability to gain knowledge, of ICF/IID regulations and state supported living center policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet the same physical requirements as those for direct contact staff positions.
- Knowledge and skills in relevant therapeutic techniques (e.g., applied behavior analysis, sensory integration, etc).
- Ability to train staff in treatment methods and related areas.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to assist in development of treatment and support plans.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Carlsbad, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A