Website State Of Texas
Performs other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Prepares timely and accurate incident reports and other investigative reports relative to emergencies and/or security violations.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations for changes to security regulations.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitors surveillance cameras in state hospital buildings for unauthorized persons, fires, and unusual occurrences and incidents and reports emergencies immediately upon discovery. Conducts routine patrol of buildings and grounds.
- Handles the dissemination and coordination of emergency responses and information, and notification to hospital management and law enforcement personnel, if appropriate, in the event of emergency and/or security violation situations.
- Assists in the apprehension of suspects, where reasonably possible, in cases of unauthorized entry into buildings and work areas, malicious mischief, or other violations.
- Knowledge of building or premise security and use of surveillance equipment.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations pertaining to building admissions and exits, and of alarm devices.
- Skills in oral and written communication, including writing incident and other investigative reports.
- Ability to communicate with potentially aggressive patients, visitors, and employees.
- Ability to patrol grounds, detect danger, and take appropriate action.
- Ability to prepare concise reports.
- Ability to remain calm, reasonable and react quickly in an emergency situation.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kerrville, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A