Website State Of Texas
The Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Team Lead, Enterprise Data Governance (EDG) position within Information and Data Governance (I&DM) in the HHS Office of Data, Analytics, and Performance (DAP) division. Under the Director of Enterprise Data Governance, the EDG Team Lead performs key policy analysis, senior-level planning, consultation, oversight and coordinating functions, and data processes to increase data management capability and maturity across HHS programs, DAP units, and management.
- Plans, prioritizes, and oversees initial data triage activities as they relate to new data acquisition by master data and metadata management systems. Oversees the collection, organization, analysis, and preparation of materials relating to agency master data and metadata, which may include reviewing the work of data stewards and analysts.
- Provides consultative services and technical assistance to EDG staff to plan, implement, and monitor effective data management and data stewardship programs and services.
- Provide consultative services to HHS business units regarding data-driven business process re-engineering initiatives, data quality enhancements, and improvement in measured program outcomes
- Provide key understanding of data values in HHS operational systems and how they relate to various business processes across HHS system.
- Plans the development and implementation of data quality measures; analyzing data quality results and implementing necessary changes to ensure data quality improvement for governed data within HHS system.
- Reviews work product of others who collect, organize, analyze, and prepare materials for the EDG team.
- Define and develop policies, standards, definitions and rules for governed master data, metadata, and standard reference data within the HHS system
- Ability to communicate effectively with leadership, agency staff, stakeholders, contractors, and potential vendors.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex concepts, both verbally and in writing, to audiences with a wide range of backgrounds, experiences, and expertise.
- Knowledge of data governance processes, especially data stewardship and data quality and metadata management, particularly as they relate to identity resolution.
- Skilled in design and implementation of sophisticated analytic work products, using HHS transaction data from a variety of data assets.
- Understanding of healthcare service delivery, health insurance, population health, and human services programs, and how data can be structured and used to increase data quality and maturity, as well as to enhance HHS business process maturity.
- Ability to research, analyze, document, and make recommendations for the improvement of existing data management processes, particularly those regarding Enterprise Data Governance.
- Ability to manage and coordinate multiple activities in different projects.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A