Website State Of Texas
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), a Certified Best Place for Working Parents, is seeking a Workforce Development Specialist II to join Workforce Solutions Deep East Texas – Nacogdoches center located at 235 N. University Drive, Nacogdoches, Texas 75964.
- Determines employers’ job requirements, matches clients to current job openings, and refers qualified clients.
- Maintains case management records.
- Performs related work as assigned.
- Writes job postings at the request of employers.
- Assists clients with applications for employment, ensuring completeness.
- Contacts employers to discuss ways to improve services and meet labor market needs more effectively.
- Interviews clients to assess and record information regarding training needs, education, experience, skills, interests, and other relevant factors to determine clients’ career development opportunities and eligibility of benefits.
- May conduct presentations to explain employment programs and services.
- Verifies the satisfactory placement of clients with employers.
- Assists in developing marketing, instructional or training materials to distribute to internal and external clients.
- May assist with investigating disputed determinations by gathering additional information to resolve differences or to establish fraudulent intent.
- May counsel clients who have complex job placement or job adjustment challenges.
- Disseminates information regarding workforce development programs, as well as special and supportive services.
- Provides employment statistical information.
- Assists employers in establishing accounts, using the job matching system and amending job posting information.
- Two years and six months of full-time qualifying experience in gathering information, interviewing or counseling; in the instruction, demonstration, and interpretation of policies in a public or private enterprise; in direct social work; in eligibility determination; or in workforce development issues and programs.
- Fifteen semester hours of accredited college work may be substituted for each six months of experience.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Nacogdoches, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A