Website State Of Texas
Accountant performs moderately complex (journey-level) accounting work pertaining to the Cash Receipts Branch. Works under supervision with limited latitude for the use of independent judgment. Work involves planning and organizing to prioritize duties and meet deadlines.
- Research unidentifiable or incomplete remittance list.
- Communicate with programs for information needed.
- Maintains adequate records of revenue collected.
- Enter deposit corrections into accounting systems.
- Prepares daily deposit and maintains cash control.
- Review and audits completed financial records for accuracy with department procedures.
- Research and reconcile discrepancies and resolve outstanding issues in ZZ900 suspense fund.
- Clears transactions posted to suspense and default accounts.
- Data enters remittances from HHS (Health & Human Services) Mailroom, VSS (Vital Statistics Section), Laboratory Services, and Consumer Protection.
- Opens mail, reconciles the physical count of batches on hand to accounting system and performs fee table audit by reconciling checks to accounting system.
- Verifies the budget codes and amounts entered for each remittance. Audits and determines the negotiability of monetary instruments. Prepares day end run schedule.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to cross-train and serve as backup.
- Skill in auditing / verifying the work of others for accuracy.
- Skill in operating a personal computer. Skill in operating a 10key at the key stroke of 7000.
- Ability to work accurately with numerical detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of policies regarding cash handling Knowledge of reconciliation process.
- Knowledge in using automated accounting systems.
- Skills in problem solving and reaching a logical conclusion.
- Ability to prioritize, and complete multiple tasks within deadlines under limited supervision.
- Knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform this position:
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to perform moderately complex accounting transactions.
- Ability to recognize the negotiability of monetary instruments.
- Skill in typing 40 WPM.
- Skill in using Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook E-mail.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and customers.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A