Website State Of Texas
The state supported living centers serve people with intellectual and developmental disabilities who are medically fragile or who have behavioral problems. The centers provide campus-based direct services and supports at 13 centers located throughout the state. Learn About Our State Supported Living Centers
- Attends on-site Neurology Clinic routinely. Attends other specialty clinics (Ear, Nose, and Throat; Gynecological; Psychiatric; Podiatry; Vision; and Dermatology) as requested and carries out procedures and recommendations of visiting medical specialists.
- Psychiatric treatments and medications within the SSLC policies/procedures as deliberated with and agreed upon by the IDT.
- Attends and participates in 90-day medication reviews and other meetings as requested by the IDT or administrators.
- Performs medication reviews in accordance with policy.
- Plans, assigns, and guides the work of others in the process of the multi-disciplinary approach to resident care per policy and procedures and the Department of Justice settlement agreement.
- Conducts psychiatric clinics as scheduled and psychiatric reviews as requested by the IDTs or the state office Medical Services Coordinator.
- Treats each individual with the most effective medication and the most effective dosage.
- Reviews lab work, modifies treatment plans, and records deliberations and recommendations accurately and timely in the electronic health record.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Serves on-call in a rotating schedule as needed to respond to emergencies.
- Utilizes a multi-disciplinary approach to complete psychiatric assessments of individuals, and administers
- Knowledge of methods and procedures in the field of general medicine and general psychiatry; and of principles of the development, implementation, and documentation of individualized care and treatment plans.
- Knowledge of the principles of behavior treatment and ability to work collaboratively with the behavioral health staff.
- Ability to plan, assign, and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to work independently using good judgement and advanced time management skills.
- Skill in the care and treatment of patients; in the use of medical and psychiatric diagnostic and treatment tools and equipment; and in conducing psychiatric research when necessary.
- Knowledge and skill in effectively using an electronic healthcare system and Microsoft office products.
- Ability to participate with other psychiatric staff to provide continuous quality improvement and to promote quality care by adhering to the plan of improvement and state initiatives.
- Ability to manage “polypharmacy” and to justify and document when use of multiple psychotropic medications is necessary.
- Knowledge of the state formulary guidelines for maximum doses, and if exceeded, provides detailed documentation of exception, ensuring efficacy, safety, and tolerance.
- Knowledge and skills in providing services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a large residential setting.
- Ability to assess, diagnoses, and prescribe/supervise treatment to assigned patients while conforming to local policy, Texas Administrative Code, and applicable laws to decrease psychiatric symptoms/disorders.
- Ability to direct psychiatric activities; to examine, diagnose, and treat mental disorders; to interpret psychological diagnoses and analyses; develop policies and procedures; and to prepare and supervise the preparation of case histories and medical records.
- Ability to solve medically difficult issues by considering opinions of consultants and/or appropriate literature including accepted guidelines.
- Ability to work with the IDT by facilitating a unified, effective team approach using the expertise of all team members in order to assure high quality patient care.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Denton, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A