Dispatch Agents manage the entire arrival and departure process overseeing all activities to ensure a safe working environment and achieve an on time departure. Dispatchers will deal with a variety of airline systems and represent Swissport through effective communication with flight and cabin crew at the aircraft side. The Dispatch Agent will ensure that the aircraft departs with all passengers, baggage and cargo are accounted for.
- Comply with all UK/Ireland/EU legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Prepare flight paperwork for crew including printing of flight plans, weather reports, passenger lists and airline documentation.
- Prioritise tasks and manage the turnaround of an aircraft from arrival to departure
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Deal with aircraft weight and balance calculations as required
- Dealing with Adhoc handling requests and updating airport authority and third parties on shedule updates
- Communicate aircraft fuel and load data between flight crew and load control departments.
- Comply with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Liaise with colleagues to ensure the aircraft is loaded as intended.
- Drive vehicles airside including cars, vans and mini-buses to provide crew transport to and from the aircraft
- Other duties as assigned
- Operate a variety of airline and Swissport computer systems and handheld devices
- Operate air bridges and stand guidance systems
- Maintain the highest standards of safety and security at all time
- Responsible for auditing fuel ticket information for accuracy.
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- A full driving license
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
- Able to work as a team in a fast paced environment
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
- Excellent communication skills and awareness of customer service
- Previous experience working in an aviation environment is desired
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Belfast, Northern Ireland, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A