The IT Application Specialist Cargo is a global role responsible for the management of the lifecycle of Cargo related IT applications. This comprises of monitoring the usage and performance of IT Cargo applications, handling of continuous service improvement, and facilitating of necessary changes especially when related business processes change.
- Monitor the availability and performance of the applications portfolio.
- Manage relationship with developers and vendors.
- Ensure that full support model is in place – identifying gaps and addressing where needed.
- Reporting all aspects of quality for the assigned applications: performance according to underlying SLAs, user satisfaction, usage of the applications, incidents, problems, service request & changes related to the IT service(s).
- Implement IT general controls for Cargo applications.
- Manage and control pro-actively licenses for operational needs.
- Test and approve test results.
- Keep documentation and inventory up to date.
- Manage Cargo applications.
- Communicate with business operations and business application managers when there are issues and escalations.
- Manage changes and integration of applications.
- Implement IT service lifecycle management processes.
- Implement technical configuration of application group.
- Support colleagues in the usage of the application including application training activities.
- Ensure applications are up and running in alignment with business requirements.
- Ability to project manage new Application Developments and large technical upgrades.
- Min 3 years IT Application Management Ownership experience.
- Ability to work and succeed in a dynamic and multi-cultural matrix organization.
- Strong written and oral presentation skills.
- Clear understanding of ITIL and service management of applications.
- Broad understanding of a business or service environment and awareness of the factors that influence business decisions and strategy.
- Fluent command of oral and written English as the corporate language; knowledge of any other language would be an advantage.
- Strong positive, Service-oriented attitude.
- Strong analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel worldwide (about 30%).
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London Area, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A