To assist the General Counsel (GC) and legal team in providing legal counseling to management and staff of the Company’s operations and subsidiaries with respect to their legal affairs.
- Time is properly allocated so as to give priority attention to material matters.
- Significant areas of risk are pointed out.
- GC is kept apprised during periodic review sessions of significant legal developments within the client organizations.
- Services are made available on a timely and effective basis.
- Responsible for drafting and/or legal reviews and analysis of contracts, leases, confidentiality agreements and other documents (“contracts”) prior to execution by clients under the guidance of the GC.
- Contracts and agreements concerning the purchase or sale of assets other than in the ordinary course (acquisitions) are undertaken with the approval of the President.
- Final executed documents are reviewed for conformity with original legal comments and consistency with nature of transaction.
- Proposed contracts are drafted and/or reviewed for legal sufficiency in timely fashion.
- Assistance in contract negotiations rendered upon request.
- Provides legal counseling with respect to such matters as may be assigned from time to time by the GC.
- Clients are kept apprised of development with respect to legal matters referred to counsel for review and disposition.
- Ability to manage a significant number of projects simultaneously and to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Comfortable in front of customers, suppliers, peers, and senior management in both leading and supporting roles
- Ability to build consensus with diverse stakeholders and third parties and form strong, collaborative working relationships with clients
- Must be a member in good standing of a State Bar
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A