Payroll assistants payroll managers in all tasks, including tracking hours worked for all employees, scheduling staff, and dispensing payroll to employees. Businesses of all types hire payroll assistants to work part- and full-time hours for all shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
- Handle confidential information and maintain the security records and files
- Payroll assistants provide assistance to the payroll manager in all tasks as assigned.
- Assistants enter payroll data into digital systems to keep all payroll files up to date.
- Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Answer questions from staff and managers regarding all payroll concerns
- Accurately transcribe, type, format, and proof read a wide variety of material (for example correspondence, invoices, contracts, meeting minutes, reports, speeches, and presentations) using word processing, presentation, graphics and spread sheet software Perform other administrative tasks using independent judgment and discretion
- Maintain daily staffing sheets showing hours worked for all employees.
- Resolves payroll discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Arranging and attending meetings. Taking and distributing minutes
- Answer telephones, screen calls and take messages from external or internal sources so that callers/visitors are dealt with promptly, courteously, and exactly
- Determines payroll liabilities by calculating employee federal and state income and social security taxes and employer’s social security, unemployment, and workers compensation payments.
- Plan, organize, and schedule own workload so that these activities are completed accurately and on time. These activities may include preparing documents and presentation materials
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Drafting letters and official information releases
- Have professional phone etiquette
- Self-driven and have high energy levels
- Up to 3 years of experience in a similar position
- High school equivalent
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A