To provide all necessary and required under-wing ground support services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to loading and unloading baggage and cargo, marshalling, water and lavatory servicing.
- Deliver passenger luggage to claim area and unload onto conveyor system
- Inspect ramp areas adjacent to gate and aircraft for debris and remove/dispose of when found.
- Drive and/or operate ground support equipment to include tow tractors, tow bars, belt loaders, container loaders, baggage tugs, water/lavatory service trucks, aircraft ground power units, aircraft air start units, air stairs, aircraft de-icing units, baggage carts, cargo dollies and passenger vans.
- Marshall aircraft during arrival and departure
- Unload passenger luggage and air cargo, bulk and/or containers/pallets, onto carts and/or dollies
- Provide special handling of luggage/cargo as required/directed
- Service aircraft water and lavatories
- Report all equipment malfunctions to the appropriate supervisor/manager
- Unload wheelchairs and child strollers and deliver to designated location
- Collect and load mail, live animals, wheelchairs and child strollers onto aircraft
- Deliver air cargo to appropriate recipient
- Lift heavy objects that could reach 70 pounds (32 kilograms)
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to work in inclement weather
- Excellent Health & Safety awareness
- Previous ramp experience a plus
- Valid driver’s license
- Language skills
- Flexible to work on various shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and holidays)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dulles, VA, US
Application Deadline: N/A