The Tank Farm Operator under the guidance of the Quality Assurance/Facility Supervisor will be able to complete assigned tasks and duties to ensure the safe operation of the fuel storage facility’s ensuring that all jet fuel received and dispensed from the facility’s meets CSA B836, ATA-103 and ASTM Aviation Fuel Quality Control Procedures.
- Perform quality control tests of fuel being received and dispensed from the fuel storage facilities.
- Receive and dispense fuel from trucks and pipelines.
- Complete records and inspection forms as instructed by immediate Supervisor.
- Log and report discrepancies observed.
- Monitor pressure gauges and flow transmitters to ensure the proper flow of fuel to the hydrant system and other fuel facilities.
- Provide relief Vista pipeline leak detection testing when required.
- Monitor tank levels to ensure a safe and sufficient volume of fuel is on hand at all times.
- Conduct facility inspections and checks (daily, monthly, quarterly and annual) in accordance with the CSA B836 and ATA-103 standards.
- Be safety conscious and be able to work following safety procedures.
- Coordinates with shippers to ensure all fuel deliveries commence as scheduled.
- Be able to respond to and work in emergency conditions as required.
- Be able to climb stairs and work at elevations as well performs all physical requirements.
- Assist with cleanup of fuel spills.
- Clean and maintain the work area.
- Be able to work in all weather conditions.
- Maintain loading racks and fuel storage equipment.
- Knowledge of computers and also comfortable in using computerized systems.
- Must be able to pass the general knowledge test & colour blindness test.
- Must be flexible to work all hours/days including nights, weekends and holidays as dictated by operational requirements.
- Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Able to work under time constraints and a problem solver
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Must have a good working knowledge and understanding of the fuel facility and hydrant system.
- Capacity to work effectively and efficiently with limited supervision.
- Must have ability for high level attention to detail in regards to paperwork, documentation and record keeping.
- Must possess and maintain a valid restricted area pass and valid driver license.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vancouver, BC, CA
Application Deadline: N/A