In this role, s/he will also serve as training supervisor, providing direction for all New Hires until formally released to the operations to work independently. These training activities are focused on equipping Swissport leadership and associates with the competence and confidence to perform their designated functions and align with Swissport’s core values – People, Professionalism, & Partnerships. Target audience includes Swissport associates and Leaders throughout the North America.
- Administer examinations and progress reports for initial and recurrent training programs in accordance with global and local standards
- Perform regular competency assessments for all new and existing employees within designated areas serving as local training advisor to assigned business partners
- Training generalist for all lines of business and specialist for designated functional training.
- Responsible for the New Hire tracking process to ensure a smooth transition to the operations.
- Design and manage practical training events to develop skills at local levels
- Forecast & plan for new hire and recurrent training needs; maintaining on going communication and coordination with Area / Station Training
- Manager, local HR and Operations team
- Audit and evaluate operations/colleagues for quality assurance and compliance, developing and delivering corrective actions as necessary
- Manages on-site training blitz process and training support personnel as required by business needs
- Manage on the job coaching program for designated area / functions and serves as tier one support for local certified coaches
- Deliver initial & recurrent training in accordance with global and local standards
- Maintain Aviation/logistics industry and SPI regulatory training certifications required to serve as a trainer for designated functions
- High School Diploma or equivalent additional experience demonstrating ability to resolve complex problems, foster and maintain positive working relationships with multiple stakeholders and effectively balance multiple competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of computer systems: Microsoft Office Suite highly recommended
- Flexibility to work various shifts to accomidate training demands during off peak hours.
- Minimum 1 year of experience serving as classroom instructor or 2 years serving as On the Job Training or Coaching experience
- Strong situational awareness with the ability to solve for complex challenges
- Customer Service oriented
- Ideal candidate will also have demonstrated knowledge of adult learning processes, instructional design techniques, and evaluation methodologies.
- Minimum 3 years of industry experience – Ground Handling, Cargo, and / or Fueling operations
- Ability to pass security clearance and possess a valid driver’s license
- Strong communications skills and ability to influence without authority to achieve a common goal
- Ability to travel up to 10-40% with the ability to travel throughout the United States and Canada to support job responsibilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: North Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A