Swissport are looking for enthusiatic team members to join our Manchester Cargo team. As a Cargo Clerical Agent you will be required to provide clerical support to the cargo function, including customs clearance, cash invoicing, basic reception duties and occasional support to other areas in the warehouse.
- Complying with Swissport Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Operating any necessary machinery
- Acceptance of high value goods such as radioactive goods, live animals or dangerous cargo.
- Reception duties including but not limited to greeting clients and visitors, answering telephone queries, sorting post, filing etc.
- Basic Customs Clearance Process
- Cash Invoicing
- Complying with all relevant legislation as well as airport authority and carrier security requirements
- Additional warehouse duties as required
- Able to demonstrate good customer service
- Must be IT literate and able to learn airline specific computer systems
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- In possession of at least three GCSE’s or equivalent
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Willingness to work in inclement weather if required
- Ability to travel to the airport at times where public transport is not available
- Flexible to work a variety of shifts (days, evening, nights, weekends, and public holidays)
- Ability to speak and understand the English language
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Location: Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Application Deadline: N/A