We are looking for a talented and highly motivated individual to join the Battery Team. The Process Engineering team is responsible for the collection, analysis, and communication of data to Equipment and Manufacturing Engineers as well as managing the integration of the Manufacturing Operating System (MOS) in each manufacturing line.
- Analyze and optimize production processes to ensure safety while maximizing Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) in cost effective means while driving to achieve world-class quality levels. Champion continuous improvement projects (CIP) to maximize yield, capacity, and capability.
- Create and maintain Manufacturing Instructions, routings, and associated processes. Develop and train sustaining technicians, assist in the training of operators as needed.
- Monitor and reduce process variation using techniques such as Statistical Process Control (SPC) and Measurement Systems Analysis (MSA). Participate in the development and maintenance of FMEAs and Control Plans. Analyze, develop, process, and implement Engineering Change Orders.
- Understand process capabilities through critical data analysis and in depth understanding of the product. Participate in the transition of a product from concept to pilot line production and into mass manufacturing.
- Enable data driven operational and financial decisions through predictive insights into tool and process performance and use of software such as MySQL, JMP, Minitab and Tableau.
- Carries out Design of Experiments (DOE) to build useful regression models on existing and upcoming processes
- BS degree in engineering, mathematics, physical science or or 3+ years of engineering experience
- Experience developing and improving Process in high-volume manufacturing. Have a demonstrated track record of Overall Equipment Effectiveness improvement activities.
- Good understanding of Bill of Materials, Manufacturing Execution System, Specification Management, Change Point Management
- Creative capacity for developing new ways to do things better, cheaper, faster in alignment with the Tesla approach to revolutionary product development.
- Able to utilize structured problem-solving techniques such as DMAIC, Ishikawa, Five Why (5W) or Eight Disciplines (8D). Able to resolve high level performance issues into addressable actions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A