Website State Of Texas
The position provides entry-level administrative, technical and clerical support to the Child Protective Services Investigations unit supervisor and staff. The position interacts routinely with Texas Department of Family and Protective Services staff and the general public. Works under close supervision, with minimal latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Maintains a Master Tracking Chart system for progress updates, and develops and maintains various forms, case files and reports. Performs data entry into IMPACT and other electronic programs and systems. Provides program and agency information and/or makes referrals to other community resources.
- Attends work on a regular and predictable schedule in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned. Promotes and demonstrates appropriate respect for cultural diversity among coworkers and all work-related contacts.
- Assists staff in matters of office processes and operations including, solving office software and equipment problems such as copy and fax machines to duplicate and transmit materials. Assists with sorting and routing mail.
- Prepares various forms, including time and leave, and arrangements and reimbursement for travel, in addition to assisting with training activities as needed to back-up other Unit Secretary.
- Answers and screens telephone inquiries; takes and routes messages and records intake information for referral to caseworkers. Greets visitors, responds to general questions, and directs callers to proper location.
- Prepares correspondence, forms narratives, travel vouchers, meeting notes, performance evaluations, and other documents to support work of the unit.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple assignments in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work with confidential information.
- Ability to operate basic office equipment such as fax, copying, and adding machines.
- Skill in working in an office supporting several staff members.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff.
- Knowledge of office practices and administrative procedures.
- Skill in using Microsoft Works or Windows environment.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Skill in effective verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and various software packages at an advanced level.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lufkin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A