Website State Of Texas
The Control Room Clerk I works a designated eight (8) hour shift in the Control Room of Food Service under the general supervision of the Control Room Manager or Food Service Managers. Maintains sufficient knowledge of duties and related work to satisfy the requirements of the job and must be able to perform each essential and marginal function satisfactorily. Performs routine food service and control room work.
- Observes safety procedures and practices for kitchen, control room and food service work
- Completes all required training per policy.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Receives and inspects food and supplies in accordance with federal, state and HACCP guidelines.
- Stores food, supplements and supply items in a safe and sanitary manner in accordance with federal, state and HACCP guidelines.
- Accurately inventories food, supplements and supply items weekly, monthly and as needed.
- Follows the sanitation procedures for cleaning the control room equipment and control room.
- Drives a delivery vehicle in delivering food, supplies or any item needed for client/departmental use in a safe, sanitary and timely manner and according to procedures.
- Distributes food items for preparation and service of menu, supplemental and snack items in accordance with federal, state and HACCP guidelines.
- Follows proper food handling techniques for receiving, storing and distributing food, supplement and supply items.
- Maintains eligibility to operate state vehicles.
- Knowledge of general Food Service Sanitation techniques.
- Knowledge of proper food handling techniques.
- Knowledge of defensive driving techniques.
- Knowledge of appropiate methods for lifting, loading and unloading food, supplies and equipment.
- Ability to read, write and follow oral and written instructions.
- Knowledge of computers or ability/commitment to learn to an acceptable level of competency on the computer.
- Knowledge of driving light and/or medium delivery trucks using safe driving practices.
- Knowledge of preventive vehicle maintenance procedures.
- Ability to lift and move heavy items as appropriate safely.
- Ability to express oneself effectively and in a professional manner, communicating information clearly and effectively.
- Ability to work effectively with food service staff, direct care staff, clients and others.
- Ability to compute simple arithmetic.
- Knowledge of general food service and control room policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of therapeutica nd texture modified diets.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A