Website State Of Texas
Under the direction of the IT Business Operations Budget Management & Forecasting Director, performs advanced (senior-level) financial analysis work. Work involves administering financial processes and systems; reviewing, analyzing, and evaluating financial data; preparing reports, making presentations, and responding to inquiries; and recommending and implementing appropriate action to resolve financial and regulatory problems.
- Reviews, analyzes, evaluates financial data, and performs budget monitoring, projections, and analysis work for assigned areas, particularly for IT projects, including project business plans. Prepares monthly budget and forecast reports, including staffing information.
- Ensures complete, accurate financial data is gathered for each assignment, verifying all IT-related Peoplesoft CAPPS Financials transactions monthly.
- Synthesizes data gathered from multiple sources (meetings with various levels of staff on various topics, reports, etc.) and determines impact on budgets, assignments, and projections.
- Develops financial models within which to analyze gathered data, documents assumptions, and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Discusses budget, forecast, capital project and staffing information with directors at least monthly.
- Monitors ongoing project and operational financial data and makes recommendations for action based on findings.
- Analyzes proposed budget changes and informs management of implications.
- Implements approved recommendations within approved deadlines. Appropriately escalates implementation issues
- Skill in analyzing financial data, and in the use of a computer and applicable software, including but not limited to Microsoft Outlook, Excel,
- Word, and other governmental financial applications.
- Skill in communicating verbally and in writing, including preparing clear and concise reports and correspondence regarding financial analysis results.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial analysis (budget preparation, forecasting, analyzing data, monitoring state agency operating budgets) and/or preparing financial / budget reports for leadership.
- Knowledge of financial analysis, budgeting, forecasting, and accounting policies and practices and trend analysis.
- Ability to produce quality, detailed work within short deadlines.
- Ability to perform and interpret financial and management records analysis in complex situations.
- Prefer knowledge of legal restrictions governing the allocation of state and federal funds, particularly for IT.
- Prefer a minimum 3 years’ experience with financial / accounting software applications.
- Ability to interpret, apply, and explain statutes and regulations to others.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate, and summarize financial and management records for accuracy and conformance to procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Skill in formulating analytical solutions.
- Ability to provide quality and efficient customer service to our customers.
- Knowledge of financial and budget terminology.
- Knowledge of automated accounting systems, such as CAPPS Financials.
- Ability to work independently and organize/prioritize work.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A