Website State Of Texas
Performs other duties as assigned. Other duties as assigned include but are not limited to actively participating and/or serving in a supporting role to meet the agency’s obligations for disaster response and/or recovery or Continuity of Operations (COOP) activation. Such participation may require an alternate shift pattern assignment and/or location.
- Administers medications and treatments orally, rectally, internally, or by injection. Assists other medical staff, such as Registered Nurses (RNs), Physicians, Advanced Practice Registered Nurses and Physician Assistants, in examining and caring for patients.
- Makes rounds as needed and works in other locations at the hospital as needed.
- Demonstrates competency in performing complex technical nursing tasks and procedures in accordance with HHSC, hospital and state regulations.
- Trains/instructs new LVN staff to perform nursing functions at the hospital, including acclimating them to the individuals, and describing their needs and preferences.
- Performs complex and technical nursing procedures according to facility and state regulations such as wound care, breathing treatments.
- Collects specimens for laboratory examination and conducts appropriate screening tests when requested by lab personnel.
- Monitors individuals’ weight, diet, meals, and vital signs. Monitors individuals’ health status after medication administration, treatments and procedures. Instructs psychiatric nursing assistants on how to monitor individuals after a treatment or procedure.
- Skills in using reasoning to identify problems and in considering appropriate resolution of situations.
- Skill in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
- Ability to appropriately interact with individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities, with their family members, and with staff members.
- Must maintain current CPR certification. Must have strength and flexibility to safely perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and TIPS.
- Knowledge of nursing care standards, nursing procedures and techniques, and of the principles and processes used in providing appropriate patient care.
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and emergency equipment, i.e., CPR, and ability to assess and care for residents and/or staff members in emergency situations.
- Skill in the care and treatment of patients.
- Ability to provide patient care to a wide variety of individuals with complex medical, mental health, and/or behavioral health issues.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records and to use an electronic health record system once trained.
- Ability to communicate effectively and to instruct others.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: El Paso, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A