Website State Of Texas
Under the direction of the nursing supervisor, Regional Nurse Manager, and the Regional Medical Director, provides routine (journey-level) public health nursing work in clinical and non-clinical settings for the assessment, care, and treatment of individuals, families and communities according to standing delegation orders. Utilizes the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, coordinating, delivering and evaluating public health services in assigned counties.
- Provides specialized and comprehensive public health nursing services in the clinic, home, and community.
- The nurse will utilize components of the nursing process in assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating the physical, emotional, and psychosocial health status of clients, families, and communities.
- Provides individualized care according to policies, procedures, program standards, physician orders and standing delegation orders which may include lab testing/counseling, independent home visits, providing/administering medications, education and counseling, case management, referrals, and follow-up.
- Performs disease intervention, surveillance, and prevention functions around Tuberculosis, HIV/STD, Perinatal Hepatitis B and Immunizations and other identified diseases.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate confidential client records per agency standards and HIPAA.
- May participate in assessing client and clinic needs, developing materials, and/or conducting education, orientation, and training for staff and contractors.
- May participate in quality assurance reviews and provide input for corrective action.
- Assesses and plans the delivery of direct public health services based on program guidance, and standing delegation orders.
- Coordinates vaccine management to include inventory, vaccine ordering, reporting, receiving, and returning, and day to day cold chain management.
- May coordinate schedules and assign/delegate work to assure the provision of services. Responsible for management of clinical resources/supplies. Prepares/maintains monthly activity reports.
- Knowledge of nursing techniques and procedures; of public health laws and regulations; of community health and nursing care principles, practices, and procedures including culturally appropriate care; and of quality assurance principles and procedures.
- Skill in using reasoning to identify problems, in considering appropriate resolution of situations, and in the operation of computers and applicable computer software.
- Must possess a valid Class C Texas Driver’s license or equivalent from another state. Driving record will be verified with law enforcement to ensure compliance with TDSHS driving policy.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and evaluate the delivery of direct public health services; to conduct community assessments; to provide patient care; to prepare and maintain records; to communicate effectively via written and verbal communication.
- Must be currently licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas or a state that recognizes reciprocity through the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Kaufman, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A