Website State Of Texas
The Social Worker IV (Social Work Supervisor) performs advanced (senior-level) social work. Work involves providing advanced clinical services to persons served at the hospital; administrative work including supervision of Social Workers; and acts as a participant on the Social Work Management Team. Works under minimal supervision, with considerable latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
- Attends work on a regular basis and may be required to work a specific shift schedule or, at times, even a rotating schedule, extended shift and/or overtime in accordance with agency leave policy and performs other duties as assigned.
- Provides clinical and administrative supervision for Social Workers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, reviewing applications, interviewing candidates, selecting and hiring potential employees, scheduling and assigning workload, establishing performance measures, evaluating work performance, providing feedback and guidance, recommending staff development and training, recommending personnel and disciplinary actions, and scheduling and approving leave.
- Primary information resource for supervisees.
- The Social Work Supervisor will review the social assessments, recovery plans, and discharge plans to ensure that the psychosocial, economic, and physical needs of clients are being addressed by the treatment team.
- The Social Work Supervisor will monitor the quality of delivery of social work services to ensure that acceptable standards of care are met.
- This is accomplished through monthly audits reported to the Provision of Care committee, weekly case consultation with social workers, and monthly chart reviews.
- Will provide training to social worker and treatment team if issues arise.
- Oversees the social work program. Ensures that social work policies and procedures are updated at least annually.
- Serves as a member of the Mental Health Services and social work dept leadership teams to ensure appropriate programming.
- Submits evaluations and reports concerning staff recommendations, social work coverage, in-service training needs, budgetary matters, and social work program status.
- Participates in budget planning, unit administration, and program development and evaluation.
- Participates in organizational workgroups.
- Skill in interviewing
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and practices of social work.
- Ability to evaluate social assessments Ability to make treatment plans, to communicate effectively, and to supervise the work of others
- Knowledge of community resources
- Knowledge of rehabilitation methods
- Ability to oversee a social work program
- Licensed Master Social Worker or Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Experience in social services work.
- Ability to evaluate reports of social studies
- Knowledge of casework principles
- Knowledge of mental illness and emotional components of physical illness
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Rusk, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A