Website State Of Texas
This position reports to the Director of Workforce Automation and Technical Support in Austin, Texas, but is eligible for working remotely from anywhere in the State of Texas. The selected candidates must have a secure, dedicated workspace with reliable access to broadband internet service, ability to maintain a reliable and consistent work schedule and be available for weekly meetings and group collaboration via Microsoft Teams and other applications during regular business hours.
- Reviews reports to determine basic characteristics, such as origin and report flow, format, frequency, distribution and purpose or function of report.
- Confers with persons originating, handling, processing, or receiving reports to identify problems and to gather suggestions for improvements.
- Examines and evaluates reports to develop new, or improve existing format, use, and control.
- Analyzes and tests procedures, information systems, or utility programs for efficiency and effectiveness.
- Coordinates studies and reports that include findings, recommendations, and instructions for proposed system implementations; formulates logical descriptions of problems; and devises optimum solutions.
- Coordinates, plans, and schedules the installation or training for new or revised systems and defines business processes.
- Attends meetings, make presentations, conduct system demonstrations or training sessions.
- Provides technical support for problem resolution or new feature creation.
- Prepares automated operational manuals, forms, and training materials.
- Tests and diagnoses systems to ensure critical requirements are met.
- Coordinates with users to identify system requirements, develop functional design specifications to meet requirements, and solve complex operational problems.
- Prepares and defines the goals of the system and devises flow charts and diagrams describing logical operational steps of programs.
- Provides system support to Workforce Development Areas, TWC Staff, Workforce partners, and other authorized users of all systems.
- Experience with Work In Texas (WIT) or job matching applications
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience in Customer Support and Helpdesk environments
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Experience with HTML and XML
- Experience with The Workforce Information System of Texas (TWIST) or other case management applications
- Experience analyzing and troubleshooting information systems, software applications, testing and adherence to specifications.
- Proficient in use of personal computer and software applications such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint and Teams.
- Ability to multi-task and deliver high quality work with attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience with verbal and written reporting and presentations and training materials.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A