Website State Of Texas
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), a Certified Best Place for Working Parents, is seeking a Workforce Development Specialist II to join the Workforce Solutions Department located at 164 W Austin St, Giddings, TX. This position does not offer teleworking options.
- Updates applications to ensure maximum exposure of customers to employment opportunities and refers qualified customers on job postings.
- Provides customer guidance with entering accurate and appropriate information in WorkInTexas.
- Utilizes the Internet, career exploration, and resume software as well as other software and resource materials to assist customers with their job search efforts.
- Provides customers with information and referral to the labor market, local workforce system programs, education and training activities in order to reach program and system goals.
- Facilitates workshops and/or classroom activities by utilizing effective presentation and group management skills.
- Effectively counsels customers in relation to job opportunities by providing employment and job matching services to job seekers including, database searches for qualified applicants based upon current employer job orders, assists customers with conducting job searches through various matching systems including but not limited to: WorkInTexas and automated labor exchange programs.
- Assists with creating, developing and presenting appropriate resource materials to customers.
- May interface with Business Services Unit to provide employment and matching services to applicants.
- Facilitates customer access to Workforce System services which may include special services such as Workforce Innovations Opportunity Act (WIOA), Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Employment and Training (SNAP E and T), Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (CHOICES / TANF), Child Care Services (CCS), Job Corps, Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA), Unemployment Benefits Services (UBS), Reemployment Services and Eligibility Assessment (RESEA), other programs and supportive services.
- General personal computer, Microsoft Windows and Office Suite experience preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- Two years and six months of full-time qualifying experience in gathering information, interviewing, or counseling; in the instruction, demonstration, and interpretation of policies in a public or private enterprise; in direct social work; in eligibility determination; or in workforce development issues and programs.
- Fifteen semester hours of accredited college work may be substituted for each six months of the required experience.
Company: State Of Texas
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Giddings, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A