Website Department of Tourism
Lead the development and implementation of Knowledge Management policies & frameworks in support of the National Tourism Sector Strategy implementation and Tourism Recovery Plan
- Provide overall strategic management and leadership to the design and development of knowledge management systems;
- Develop and implement the knowledge management strategy and plans. Develop strategies for the knowledge management systems updates and maintenance;
- Ensure that the information and knowledge systems used by the department are constantly updated and implemented using best practices;
- Identify and collaborate with stakeholders for the development and management of the knowledge management systems and databases;
- Lead stakeholder relations management activities and ensure their alignment to other departmental initiatives;
- Lead the development, maintenance and quality assurance of the national tourism databases
- A SAQA recognised B-degree (NQF7) in Computer Sciences/Systems or related field;
- Minimum of 5 years’ middle/senior Management experience, experience in strategy and policy development environment.
- Extensive experience in the field of software development, knowledge and information management, and management.
- Experience in software development (C#, .net, MS SharePoint) and quality assurance of content for various information dissemination platforms.
- Strong technical skills in database development (MS Access, SQL, Oracle etc.) and systems development.
Company: Department of Tourism
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A