Website United Airlines
This role provides pivotal support to the HR Manager and Business Leadership by supporting them in aligning HR strategy with the business needs and goals. This role will coordinate with the HR Centers of Excellence (COE) to leverage capabilities in support of our HR initiatives and leveraging their expertise to business needs and coordinate daily operational HR activities.
- Perform reporting and basic analytics for HR projects. Assist in the creation or updating of job descriptions. Create presentations for HRBPS as needed.
- Day-to-day interaction with Trade Union Representatives and Officials, Elected Staff Representatives and Convenors and any other Industrial Relations subjects, on managing transactional employee relations matters and implementation of HR policies
- In strict collaboration with legal counsel, ensure all Employment Relations matters are managed to the company’s best ability, by assessing risk at all times and identifying gaps/solutions in the related processes. This may also include conducting background research into ER issues crafting responses as required. May create, edit and prepare correspondence, letters of discipline, HR communications, etc.
- Administrative duties may include, but are not limited to, execute personnel actions in PeopleSoft and enter highly confidential information on daily basis, coordinating meetings & events, organizing & notetaking for various HR meetings/ calls, payroll related changes, organizing team volunteer events, recruitment coordination etc.
- Support on HR programs and initiatives, such as annual performance reviews, Pulse Surveys and the implementation of organizational development programmes
- Build a strong and effective professional relationship with internal customers at all levels, namely establishing and maintaining credibility with Business Partners, by providing support and strategic counsel for leadership on HR issues, including employment legislation, Organizational Culture and Structure, Performance Management and Development, Organizational
- Structure design and actively work with business leaders in the design of improvements, based on a clear business case approach and work with the Finance department on rigorous financial assessments
- Work as a true ‘HR Business Partner’, demonstrating coaching skills, strategic and critical thinking, commercial acumen and business management, through working in partnership with the Business Partners in designing solutions that address organizational and employee development, retention and attraction
- Successful completion of interview required to meet job qualification
- Experience in dealing with Trade Unions
- Experience in employee development, coaching, organizational design, recruiting, compensation, employee relations, training, and HR project management and program execution
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to translate business partners’ needs and goals and apply HR solutions needed to achieve results
- Ability to function and thrive in a fast paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent post-secondary degree
- Knowledge of working in an international HR Management environment
- Fluency in English Language (both written and oral)
- Ability to build trusted relationships through all levels of the organisation
- Successful influencing skills
- HR business acumen – able to diagnose problems and identify and drive appropriate solutions
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Extensive experience in general HR management and/or a business partner role
- Must be legally authorized to work in United Kingdom for any employer without sponsorship
- Excellent business partner management and business acumen skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
Company: United Airlines
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A