The News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team! You will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government, legislators, and city officials. You will present on-air reports in a clear, concise, objective manner and must be able to generate enterprising stories and sweeps ideas. You will be a “one-person band” that will complete a story from onset to end. You will report to the News Director.
- Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, write, edit and report assigned stories daily.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a collaborative manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, and the community at large.
- Generate video, images and/or information for our digital and social media platforms.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, national, and international news and issues of the day.
- Present stories live on-air, online and/or mobile in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
- Knowledge of how to use newsroom computer systems/applications (hardware/software), iNews required.
- Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling, and live reporting skills.
- Minimum (2) years of experience as a television reporter.
- Availability and flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of digital social media.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Unrestricted authorization to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- Superior written/spoken Spanish language skills.
- Functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fresno, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A