You will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government officials, and local authorities. You will present reports in a clear, concise, objective manner; as well as present enterprising stories and sweeps series ideas.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with coworkers, supervisors and the community at large.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed.
- Work independently while out in the field and under various weather elements.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, state, and national news and events across our coverage area.
- Post video, pictures and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets under the direction of our Digital content producers.
- High ethical and journalistic standards.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Applicant must be able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software).
- Knowledge of iNews, video editing (such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut), and file sharing systems preferred.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred (i.e., communications, journalism, television broadcasting).
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to (8) hours without restrictions.
- 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English both written and verbal.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Salt Lake City, UT, US
Application Deadline: N/A