In this role, you will partner with our Local Media General Manager and leadership team. You will perform a critical role of coach and advisor to business leaders, help build and maintain a competitive people organization, operate as a change agent and serve as a champion and driver of a positive organizational culture.
- Partner with Corporate teams and external providers to deliver on training and development initiatives for client groups as needed
- Partner with the business leadership team to assess and prioritize the critical business challenges faced by the organization.
- Development and implementation of HR strategy that drives employee engagement and supports both short and long-term business goals.
- Leverage knowledge of the competitive landscape to develop talent plans and strategies to support the achievement of the overall business operations objectives.
- Responsible for advising on areas such as talent management, career development, organizational design, performance management and coaching, employee relations, labor relations and total rewards.
- Responsible for fostering a positive working environment where employees are comfortable addressing issues and concerns with their managers and HR
- Must be willing to work a hybrid schedule from office in Chicago with travel to other markets as needed
- Collaborate with operational leaders and center of excellence to ensure robust people strategies are in place.
- Strong knowledge and experience working in a union environment
- Spanish/English fluency required (oral and written)
- Prior media industry experience a plus
- BA/BS in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of HR experience in an HRBP or generalist capacity, including consulting, performance management, employee relations, compensation, and organization development
- Strong command of HR regulations, laws, and requirements with demonstrated ability to professionally handle and escalate as necessary
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A