Univision’s weather center (23 Dallas | Fort Worth) is looking for an experienced, bilingual (Spanish/English), energetic, team driven Meteorologist to join our team at KUVN in Univision 23 in Dallas, Texas. The ideal candidate must possess strong communication skills, have an engaging personality and the ability to tell the “weather story” in a clear, and meaningful manner. Creativity is a must!
- Produce content on a variety of platforms including web, social media, and mobile app in addition to television.
- Flexibility to work any shift, including overnight, holidays, weekends, and evenings
- Respond to breaking and/or severe weather events as required. Work closely with the weather team to develop comprehensive weather coverage.
- Analyze weather data to produce detailed and accurate forecasts using the latest weather technology
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Proven on-air experience in handling breaking news and severe weather coverage Innovate ways to deliver weather info to our audiences.
- Experience In-depth knowledge of weather science and excellent forecasting skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Meteorology, or atmospheric sciences, or equivalent education.
- Fluency in Spanish, excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad lib when required.
- Dynamic on-air presence with a conversational weather presentation.
- Minimum five years’ experience in weather reporting or anchoring. Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A