This position will be responsible for anchoring the station’s newscasts and field reporting, as required by the operation. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: daily newsgathering, and reporting as well as appearances at community and station events in a fast-paced, extremely competitive market.
- Establish a good working-relationship with newscast producers and co-anchors to ensure a well-paced, accurate and informative broadcast.
- Work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends and evenings.
- Attend and participate in off-site company-sponsored and community events as assigned by station management.
- Must be a strong and fast writer and have solid news judgment as a Producer.
- Research, investigate, interview, write, produce and present news or weather-related reports for station’s social media pages, other company broadcasts, websites and printed publications as assigned.
- Write and proofread copy for accuracy prior to going on air.
- Research, investigate, interview, write, produce and report daily news packages, special news series or weather-related stories on tape and/or live from the field.
- College degree in Journalism, Communication Studies, Radio-TV-Film, or equivalent experience
- Must have working knowledge of television news photography and technology
- Personal computer experience required, including non-linear editing equipment
- Must be fully bilingual in English and Spanish. Written and oral communication skills required
- Must be able to lift and carry broadcast video equipment (approximately 45 pounds), and have manual dexterity in use of keyboard, video editing equipment (linear and non-linear) video machines, server-based video editing and playback systems and broadcast equipment
- Must have and maintain a good driving record and a valid driver’s license, along with the ability to drive daily
- Must be able to multi-task, work well under extreme pressure, and communicate effectively
- Prior experience in Spanish language broadcasting
- Broadcast news experience as reporter or photographer/editor
- High school diploma required
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Altamonte Springs, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A