The Ingest Operator should have a working knowledge of Avid Newscutter, Avid Interplay, Avid Capture, and video routing systems. He/she should have a solid understanding of broadcast video resolutions, aspect ratios, digital file formats, and video CODECs.
- Operate scan converters when required
- Respond quickly and professionally to all Ingest requests
- Work to help clients with questions about media ingest, placement of files, etc.
- Operate standards converters when required
- Work with the network assignment grids to schedule regular ingests for Edits and broadcast
- Meticulously label ingested material per required standards, following naming conventions
- The ability to be a front-line resource for trouble shooting issues and resolving problems.
- Quality control checks of content as required
- Search for and retrieve content in physical media or file-based systems.
- Ingest content to ISIS server from tape and digital media
- Analyze and ingest various media assets into large Avid Interplay /Nexis servers from a wide variety of digital and analog sources using a variety of tools.
- Output content to removable media when requested
- Placing files in correct storage pools
- Expert knowledge of Avid iNews system, software, backup systems and upgrades.
- Previous experience, preferably 3+ years, in a production environment for television or an on-air broadcast operations area.
- Work with multiple codecs, test equipment, computers, and non-linear edit equipment.
- Solid experience with Vantage, Signiant, Aspera, and FTP delivery
- College degree in television or communications, or equivalent work experience.
- Good understanding of digital terminology.
- Solid knowledge of Avid Newscutter, Avid Interplay, Avid Capture, and video routing systems.
- Must have ability to create and tell a story through editing techniques.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English (optional).
- Strong team skills. Listening, initiative and follow through.
- Excellent understanding of digital terminology and platforms.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office and other business non-editing applications.
- Adept computer PC skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Miami, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A