A Multimedia Journalist will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government, legislators and city officials. Presents on-air reports in a clear, concise, objective manner. Must be able to generate enterprising stories and sweeps ideas.
- Generate story ideas. Investigate and research to generate exclusive stories.
- Generate video, images and/or information for our digital and social media platforms.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a collaborative manner that works well with co-workers, supervisors, and the community at large.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, national, and international news and issues of the day.
- Communicate with news producers, assignment editors and managers regarding story development, progress in the field and/or breaking news stories.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, write, edit and report assigned stories daily.
- Present stories live on air, online and/or mobile in a fair, accurate and unbiased manner.
- Establish and maintain news contacts and relationships with the community that will translate in news stories.
- Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local stories.
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
- Proven track record of strong writing, storytelling, and live reporting skills.
- Candidate must have functional to advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
- Minimum (5) years of experience as television reporter in a top 20 market.
- Must be able to use newsroom computer systems/applications (hardware/software). Knowledge of iNews required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience may be considered.
- Must have the ability and flexibility to work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Candidate must be completely fluent in English/Spanish, with superior written/spoken Spanish language skills.
- Must be able to drive and have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Candidate must be able to make sound decisions while working under extreme deadlines and must have the ability to follow directions and incorporate constructive criticism into work results.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Jose, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A