Website University of Pretoria
The University of Pretoria’s commitment to quality makes us one of the top research Universities in the country and gives us a competitive advantage in international science and technology development.
- Supervise final year undergraduate project students and postgraduate Honours, Masters and PhD students;
- Teach undergraduate and postgraduate modules in the Department;
- Raise and manage additional funding from national and international funding agencies and industry to support the activities of the relevant research group;
- Perform assigned departmental duties (e.g. of an administrative nature).
- Expand existing research programmes or initiate new research programmes;
- Conduct research as a member of a research group in the Department and publish in leading accredited journals;
- NRF rating or have applied for one.
- A well-establish and nationally recognised research record supported by publications in high quality peer reviewed journals.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have teaching and research expertise that complement the Department’s needs;
- Same as for Senior Lecturer, plus;
- At least six years’ experience at a tertiary academic institution or industry related experience;
- Tertiary education experience, with evidence of teaching excellence;
- Related industry work or consulting experience; Candidates registered or registerable as Professional Engineer with ECSA;
- A record of previous undergraduate and postgraduate teaching experience, including supervision of Masters and/or Doctoral students;
Company: University of Pretoria
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A