As an IMMIGRATION SERVICES OFFICER, you will adjudicate complex applications and petitions for immigration benefits and provide assistance to other federal agencies in identifying those who pose a national security and public safety threat.
- Conduct security checks and provide assistance to federal law enforcement agencies to identify individuals who are ineligible for immigration benefits due to national security, public safety, or other legal grounds.
- Research, interpret and apply appropriate statutes, regulations, and precedent decisions to make adjudicative decisions.
- The responsibilities described are for the GS-12. At developmental grade levels, assignments will be of more limited scope performed with less independence, and limited complexity.
- Interview applicants and petitioners to elicit statements, assess credibility, and analyze information to identify facts that form the basis for a decision concerning eligibility for immigration benefits.
- Grant or deny complex and highly sensitive applications and petitions for immigration benefits based on electronic or paper applications/petitions.
- Use electronic systems to provide veriﬁcation of any number of established data points to make adjudicative decisions, determine appropriate level of adjudicative review, and update databases with appropriate information and decisions.
- You must pass a drug screening
- Political appointees may require OPM approval before on-boarding
- Successfully pass a Background Investigation including financial disclosure
- You must submit resume and supporting documentation
- Males born after 12/31/1959 must be registered with the Selective Service
- You must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National to apply for this position
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Hartford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A