Website University of the Western Cape - UWC
The University of the Western Cape has over the past few years steadily become one of the research-led teaching and learning universities in South Africa, with the capacity to produce and advance new knowledge in recognised research strength and the translation of this knowledge through innovation endeavours.
- Provide strategic support to staff to acquire higher degrees, master’s, and doctoral qualifications, and provide the necessary support to establish them as leaders in research within the Institution.
- Provide leadership to the university in the areas of research development and postgraduate studies
- Partner with faculties and divisions in facilitating the development, promotion and delivery of research skills and supervisory skills and develop programmes for students and staff in accordance with the strategic priorities of the University, according to national and international best practice.
- Undertake statutory reporting for postgraduate, as well as review and revise policies related to the portfolio. Such reporting often features through Committees of the Senate .
- In association with the faculties, strengthen the University’s postgraduate programmes and develop capacity development programs for students and academics focusing on research.
- Align the vision of the unit to the vision of the DVC: research and innovation and the university
- Advocate and grow a vibrant research culture at the University, in conjunction with the DVC R & I, Deans, Deputy Deans for Research and other individuals and structures within the University as appropriate.
- Source external funding (including and beyond NRF) to support postgraduate students in the form of bursaries, scholarships, and fellowships.
- Respond to Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) research capacity building, related policy documents, draft proposals, and reports.
- A valid NRF rating will be an advantage.
- At least Five (5) years of relevant management experience.
- Evidence of guiding and successfully supervising postgraduate students and successful research proposal writing.
- A PhD Qualification at an NQF 10 or equivalent.
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in a related field.
- A soundtrack record of high impact publications.
- A senior academic with extensive experience management of Research and Postgraduate administration
Company: University of the Western Cape – UWC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A