Website University of the Western Cape - UWC
The University of the Western Cape has over the past few years steadily become one of the research-led teaching and learning universities in South Africa, with the capacity to produce and advance new knowledge in recognised research strength and the translation of this knowledge through innovation endeavours.
- Act as a resource person for the researcher and research staff: Provide guidance and education in respect to submission content, ensuring accurate interpretation and implementation of current submission / review requirements.
- Advisor for PG students on administrative matters pertaining to Postgraduate matters.
- Develop, implement, and maintain records and follow-up procedures for all research projects.
- Serves as a link in ensuring accurate and timely information flow and maintaining effective working relationships with the team and stakeholders.
- Render an effective support function to the department.
- Maintain an effective filing system.
- Oversee the support process from application to completion of postgraduate students where necessary.
- Provide support, education and assistance to the researchers and their teams to help facilitate the researching process.
- Oversee the support process from application to orientation for exchange / mobility students where necessary.
- Ensure effective lines of communication between the department and students.
- Experience in managing and monitoring of budgets.
- Knowledge and experience of financial management systems.
- A minimum of 3 years staff supervision experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Digital Media
- Proven report writing and minute-taking skills and working ability of the Committee Management Systems.
- Working knowledge and experience of higher education governance policies, procedures, and structures.
- A relevant Honours Degree at an NQF 8 or an equivalent qualification
- A minimum of 5 years student and academic administration experience in a Higher Education environment.
Company: University of the Western Cape – UWC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A