Website University of the Western Cape - UWC
An exciting opportunity exists in the UWC research and postgraduate office for a suitably qualified candidate to be responsible for the strategic leadership of the quality, viability, and relevance of the Postgraduate programs in the University.
- Partner with all key stakeholders in the university relevant to postgraduate studies including but not limited to student administration, CSSS, financial aid, etc
- Collaborating with IT Services to ensure high levels of systems availability, functionality, integrity, and efficiency.
- Provide hands-on operational leadership to bed down a new organizational structure, which includes the design and implementation of training and workflows to accommodate the systems and strategy.
- Ensure timeous coordination of scholarship / fellowship calls, submissions to the national research foundation (NRF), and internal bursary calls.
- Undertake statutory reporting for postgraduate, as well as review and revise policies related to the portfolio.
- Responsible for ongoing recalibration of business processes, workflows, and adjustments as the various modules of the system unfold.
- Respond to Department of Higher Education and Training (DHET) research capacity building, related policy documents, draft proposals, and reports.
- Manage the postgraduate lifecycle to ensure an exceptional postgraduate student experience.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant management experience.
- Evidence of guiding and successfully supervising postgraduate students and successful research proposal writing
- An academic with extensive experience in the management of postgraduate administration
- 8 – 10 years’ experience in research
- A PhD Qualification at an NQF 10 or equivalent.
- A soundtrack record of publications
Company: University of the Western Cape – UWC
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Bellville, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A