The context of these responsibilities relates to the Big Data, Data Warehouse, Operational Data Store, and visualization platform, systems, and applications for on-premises and in-cloud implementations.
- Acting as a technical authority, providing input and guidance into technical solutions and implementations.
- Lead, mentor, and grow a team of operations and DevOps specialists supporting the Data Enablement bi-ecosystem.
- Develop, establish, maintain, and optimize DevOps practices, processes, and measures (KPIs & SLAs) to manage and ensure SLAs and KPIs of services are maintained.
- Responsible for the data platforms and all related components both on-premises and in-public-cloud ito of hardware, software, application, operating system lifecycle, security, patch, and lifecycle management.
- Establish, Implement, manage and control SQA (service quality agreements), vendor management, and performance management, and ensure value realization from these services for the
- BI ecosystem landscape all by SCM policies and procedures.
- Contribute, guide, and develop the minimum capability to adhere to governance and compliance policies including regulatory requirements for the BI ecosystem landscape.
- Implement practices, processes, and measures to continually assess, review and improve data platform performance following a continuous improvement approach.
- Engage with various support teams & vendors to ensure that the data platforms are optimal and efficient.
- Experience in using a wide range of data technologies.
- Relevant cloud certification at the professional or associate level is desirable.
- Matric/ Grade 12 is essential.
- A 3-year IT or IS degree or diploma or related field is essential.
- Experience within the Analytics lifecycle practices like Data Pipelines, Data Processing, Data Storing, Data Operations, Data Management & Data Governance.
- Service Management experience working closely with agile methodologies, such as Scrum, and Kanban, and with teams leveraging DevSecOps and Continuous Delivery / Integration.
- 8+ years of overall IT experience with Big Data, Advance Analytics, Data Warehousing, and Business Intelligence.
- Relevant certifications at a professional level are desirable.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A