Website Vaal University of Technology - VUT
Analyze and evaluate service standards, and client needs/requirement, and assist gather feedback that will enable the library to deliver service of high standard.
- As part of the marketing team, actively contribute to successful implementation of the library’s marketing plan.
- Develops and manages University Libraries’ social media strategy on
platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to enhance communication with the public as well as specific target groups.
- Create displays and exhibitions to enhance the library’s role in research.
- Attend faculty board meetings, departmental meetings, and other informal meetings to showcase value of the library in supporting teaching, learning, and research.
- Market the library, its resources, and facilities to promote maximum usage.
- Promote library services and collections through a variety of channels, including social media, online and the website to connect with undergraduates, postgraduates, faculty, and researchers.
- Proven knowledge of academic library marketing and quality assurance platforms and strategies.
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the position.
- Basic knowledge of photography and video production.
- Degree in Library and Information Science or relevant equivalent library qualification.
- Attention to detail
- Strong library communication and marketing skills.
- At least 3 years work experience, in a research or academic library.
Company: Vaal University of Technology – VUT
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Vanderbijlpark, Gauteng, SA
Application Deadline: N/A