Website Waste Management
Driver Helper teams with Route Driver and assists in the collection of Waste and /or Recyclable material.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Operates hoisting device to lift and empty bins or containers into truck hopper.
- Containers maybe staged curbside, dockside, carryout, or require pullout to complete service.
- Manually or mechanically load and empty residential and/or commercial containers into truck.
- Assists driver with all backing maneuvers while on route.
- Works in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Six (6) months of relevant work experience.
- Normal setting for this job is outdoors and/or riding in a video/GPS monitored vehicle.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen and physical.
- Required to use motor coordination with arm, hand, finger, and leg dexterity.
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects more than __ pounds frequently.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Requires pushing, pulling, bending, twisting and lifting up to __ lbs.
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Fort Walton Beach, FL, US
Application Deadline: N/A