Website Waste Management
In tandem with a seasoned WM Driver and/or WM Driver Trainer, after receiving their Commercial Driving Permit, the Driver Apprentice will complete the required training to safely operate a commercial motor vehicle providing service to customers in their respective Line of Business (LOB). The Driver Apprentice will continue in this role until they complete all training requirements.
- Attends and participates in all scheduled training programs, briefings, and meetings as required by Waste Management or directed by the Route Manager.
- Works closely with Route Manager to improve route efficiencies and identify best practices.
- Notifies Route Manager of any incidents, accidents, injures, or property damage.
- Communicates customer requests to Dispatch or Route Manager.
- Follows route assignments as directed and completes end of day documentation and check out process.
- Immediately reports all unsafe situations or service related issues to Route Manager or Dispatch.
- Operates vehicle in accordance with Waste Management Safety and Life Critical Rules, OSHA (Occupational and Safety Health Act) and DOT (Department of Transportation) requirements as well as all local, state and federal laws.
- Completely dumps all receptacles and leaves the customer’s location clean and free of debris.
- Notifies Route Manager or Dispatch of service interruptions including closed or impassable streets or alleyways, receptacles too heavy to service or potential safety hazards.
- Performs pre- and post-trip inspections of assigned vehicle and documents checks utilizing the standard DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report).
- Performs all duties as scheduled by Route Manager or Dispatch and assisting other drivers as directed to meet customer needs.
- Current state-issued standard Driver’s License
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Successfully complete and pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to perform physical requirements of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Tennessee, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A