Website Waste Management
Manages collection routes and driver/laborer performance on a daily basis at a single, large hauling site. Supervises Route Managers and Drivers from multiple lines of business: Residential, Commercial, Roll-Off, Port-to-let, Tractor Trailer, HCS, Bagster (does not include Oilfield Services)
- Assists with personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, disciplining, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation, and promotion decisions.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Ensures that drivers comply with physicals, drug or alcohol tests, and training required by regulatory agencies. Documents and maintains records required by regulatory agencies such as the Department of Transportation and OSHA.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver by collecting accurate data and reporting for various incentive pay programs.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate. Ensures set-up errors and missed pickups are reported and resolved.
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities, including monitoring driver time and coordinating daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Participates in regular P&L reviews to ensure that budgets are met; develops and implements programs for optimal equipment utilization, equipment maintenance, and labor and material costs.
- Education: Associate’s Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 3 years of work experience in transportation, logistics, or solid waste operations (in addition to education requirement)
Company: Waste Management
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Beach Lake, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A