The Experience Design Manager is responsible for guiding the implementation of the Experience Design (ED) framework, methodology and principles in alignment to the overarching Customer Experience strategy and to plan for, execute, and deliver a seamless, end-to-end experience design for Woolworths Financial Services (WFS) that solve customer experience problems holistically.
- Investigate identified new design best practices and investment opportunities so that they may be applied in WFS Customer Experience.
- Oversee and take responsibility for the successful delivery of a range of Experience Design projects for WFS across the customer journey.
- Utilize various design and research methods to understand vague or ambiguous customer needs, friction points and decision-making processes; advocate for design thinking methodologies and practices in interaction with internal stakeholders.
- Develop complex design solutions through a solid understanding of the customer journey, products, and channels to drive a positive customer experience.
- Collaborate with other business units and product lines to share learnings and best practices. Act as a trusted adviser for design across the WFS product landscape.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of ED operational plans, associated internal controls, policies, and guidelines.
- Account for all design projects and assure implementation of all projects is aligned to the overall customer strategy.
- Contribute to the improvement of product design methodologies through the analysis of data to inform customer insights and customer journeys
- Collaborate with all business units that utilize ED services to drive a cohesive customer and employee experience.
- Provide specialized insight into the development of design standards and oversee its appropriate implementation as applicable.
- 2 – 4 years’ experience within a Management capacity
- Project Leadership
- Designing holistic, omni-channel customer and service delivery ecosystem designs.
- Facilitation skills and experience
- § Postgraduate Qualification in Design / Information Studies / Visual Arts / Content Writing, or equivalent fields is an advantage
- Understanding of Product and / or Service design
- Story-telling and concept selling
- 6 – 8 years of experience working in a Financial Services / Consumer / Retail organization
- Coding and Editing for Digital Prototypes and Concepts
- § Undergraduate Qualification in Design / Information Studies / Visual Arts / Content Writing / Consumer Behavior or equivalent fields.
- Building customer empathy
- Experience in Experience Design and Customer Journey management
- Customer journey mapping methodologies / approach
- Design research and the use of design tools and technologies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A