An exciting opportunity to join our Woolworths Group Advanced Data & Analytics Centre of Excellence. The commercial analyst will use financial and commercial modelling to provide insights to guide strategic and tactical decision making within the advanced analytics business transformation. The role will also be integral in the management of the CoE’s capability.
- Evaluate profit plans, operating records, financial statements, competitive information, and other relevant data to make recommendations to support commercial decision making.
- Develop and use financial models for evaluating investment decisions, risk or opportunity areas and determining commercial returns.
- Support and be part of the management team in the DnA capability
- Assist with Data & Analytics Use Case creation and evaluation
- Define and research technology, competitors, market segments, and other key content areas.
- Communicate complex and often contentious matters to a wide range of audiences, both verbally and in writing.
- Able to effectively use latest decision support technologies & tools.
- Knowledge of Financial tools.
- CA (SA): 2-3 years commercial experience (if not CA, then post qualification experience).
- Relevant Financial qualification – BCom, / CA (SA) / CIMA / CFA, or equivalent experience.
- Some knowledge of the data and analytics capabilities would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to go beyond the numbers to generate hypotheses and make sound business recommendations.
- 5 years’ experience in financial modelling
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa
Application Deadline: N/A