As part of Value Chain Project: As planning expert, to play a key role in co creating and giving input into the design and delivery of future fit systems, processes and ways of working as part of the Woolworths Road map. To furthermore support and help drive the embedding of these new initiatives in the business to become Business as Usual.
- Participate and provide input into Assortment & Space planning to maximise trading opportunities
- Be an active participant and influencer in exploring how we can do things differently in the business to be more future fit, agile and customer centric.
- Contribute to the development of the Department / Category strategy and lead the implementation with a specific focus on planning KPI’s, planning objectives and business requirements
- Strategic pre-season planning and in-season planning
- Coordinate and provide input to the development of long term tactical plans and supply management
- Optimise profitability through effective management of a set of KPI’s and effective reporting and analysis
- Help identify and coach key influencers within groups that will help land future ways of working in the business
- Provice support and help drive a culture of ownership and collaboration within and across business units
- 5-8 years planning experience within a fashion retail environment of which minimum 2 years at Senior planner level
- The ability to identify, mentor and develop planning talent in the business
- Good understanding of stores, customer and product profiles, and their relationship to range/ catalogue and space planning
- Have proven experience of managing big volume lines, replenishment Lines as well as Fashion items.
- Relevant business diploma / degree (Retail business management / BCom / Clothing management / BA)
- Advanced Excel skills, Extensive experience in merchandise planning systems, including PLM systems
- The ability to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of the SA Market place, the competitor landscape and have a view of the Woolworths customer.
- Deep understanding of end-to-end business processes, interdependencies, key levers (product flow from Supplier, through the value chain, to stores)
- Good understanding of supply chain concepts / inventory management systems and their processes
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Cape Town, Western Cape, SA
Application Deadline: N/A